Samantha Holmes Alpaca Travel Shawl
- Whether you travel or not, this best-selling line is sure to delight.
- generous 80 X 180 cm jersey knit shawl
- pre-rolled in a matching drawstring bag which makes a neat little travel pillow
- deliciously light blend of Alpaca (70%) and Bamboo fibre (30%)
- luxurious wrap ideal for any season, silky soft, whisper light and hypoallergenic
- versatile for all occasions but ideal on long flights, on holiday, weddings and parties
- comes with protective card sleeve with pen & ink illustration to demonstrate the various uses
ALPACA PRODUCT CARE
After 10 years in the business our knowledge of the quality and care of our alpaca yarns is second to none.
Alpaca improves with age. Our products will not always feel as soft an dsupples when new as they will with continued wear. Do not trust other "softer" alpaca products which may contain acrylic. This will initially give a softer feel, but will pill and ball very quickly.
Our exclusive yarn combines 70% finest micron baby alpaca with 30% bamboo viscose to create a supremely soft, silky yarn, less prone to pilling. It is hard wearing, drapes beautiful and while remains uniquely insulating, it is more breathable, less hairy and therefore trans-seasonal. It also washes beautifully.
A cool hand wash (30 degrees ) with a mild detergent such as baby shampoo is recommended. Wash for no more than 5 minutes. Rinse in luke warm water, always pressing not wringing the fabric. Wrap the item in a clean dry towel to absorb excess moisture. Reshape as necessary and lay flat to dry Do not hang your wet alpaca garment a sit will stretch.
While it is possible to machine wash some of our alpaca garments on a 30º cool handwash cycle (i.e. a cycle which does not run for more than ¾ hours!), we cannot guarantee the result, because the make and condition of different washing machines varies too much! However, if you do wish to use this method for some of our smaller and less delicate items, use a mild detergent. Turn the product inside out, fold it neatly and place in a small gauze laundry bag to avoid the item getting stretched and losing its shape. On no account should you use a Tumble Drier, as this will definitely shrink the product.
For very stubborn stains, please take your item to a professional dry cleaner.
We recommend that all our alpaca products are folded or rolled, rather than hung to prevent stretching.